About the Group
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Bhavin has also been the Founder / Co-Founder of Media.net, Directi, Radix, Ringo, Codechef and Zeta. These businesses comprise of 1500+ people, 8+ offices, 10+ million customers, revenues over $250+ million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion.
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app that aims at increasing productivity and improving team-communication in organizations of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of products that enhances workplace communication and productivity.
Flock’s Suite of Products include
- Messenger – Real time Communications on Mobile and Desktop
- Processify – Real time business process and workflow automation
- Mailcast – Internal and External mailing lists
- Bridge – Real time audio conferencing
- HR Connect – Real time attendance and leave management
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, 1mg, Voonik, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
Here are some additional resources on Flock. At the very least we recommend that you watch the first video link –
- **Recommended** – Detailed Intro to Flock
- Flock Marketing video
- Flock vs Slack video
- About Flock’s Platform
- Our Youtube Channel
- Flock Website – http://flock.com
- A solid grasp on programming fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, OS, I/O, concurrency, networking, OO principles
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming
- Some experience on one of Java / .NET / C#. Specific experience on Android would be a big plus.
- Network programming experience
- Experience with Unit testing, CI tools and frameworks.
- Experience with Java 8 Stream API and lambda expressions.
- Experience with Gradle or Jack & Jill toolchain.
- You have used Data Binding, retrolambda , Dagger or Eventbus on Android.
- You use a custom android ROM on your phone
- You use Git for everything possible – right from tasks to blog posts to expense management
- You can touch type at 60+ WPM
Who should apply for this role?
- You love programming and writing elegant, clean code, and have been doing so for 2+ years
- You have an arsenal of hackish programming projects that you have built in your spare time for fun.
- You prefer using libraries rather than writing code on your own.
- You enjoy solving problems (and are good at it!)
- You are pro-active and get stuff done
- You enjoy working with smart, fun people in a friendly, collaborative environment
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal.
If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!