About the Group
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Bhavin has also been the Founder / Co-Founder of Media.net, Directi, Radix, Ringo, Codechef and Zeta. These businesses comprise of 1500+ people, 8+ offices, 10+ million customers, revenues over $250+ million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion.
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app that aims at increasing productivity and improving team-communication in organizations of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of products that enhances workplace communication and productivity.
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, 1mg, Voonik, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
Here are some additional resources on Flock. At the very least we recommend that you watch the first video link –
- **Recommended** – Detailed Intro to Flock
- Flock Marketing video
- Flock vs Slack video
- About Flock’s Platform
- Our Youtube Channel
- Flock Website – http://flock.com
We are looking for a Manager to own and head systems infrastructure and platform engineering at Directi and review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods with operability in mind. S/He understands operational principles, such as capacity planning, monitoring and incident handling
In this role you will lead a team of System Administrators/Developers and manage our globally distributed infrastructure stack and platforms.
- Architect systems, infrastructure and platforms using Linux and Amazon Web Services to support applications in the communications space
- Capacity planning and stress testing
- Automate and implement permanent solutions to prevent outages / downtimes
- Architect deployments for high availability, scalability and reliability
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms
- Design and implement platforms for monitoring, log processing, metrics collection and data visualization
- Script and code tools for automation and efficient management of infrastructure and platforms
- System and infrastructure configuration management
- Infrastructure and platform security
- Project management using agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Infrastructure and platform cost management
- Lead and mentor a team of Operations Engineers
- Liaise with geographically distributed application development teams to drive operational best practices
- Liaise with external vendors like Amazon and work with Telecom providers like Tata
Who should apply for this role?
- In depth Linux/Unix knowledge, good understanding the various linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc)
- DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, HA & Load Balancing
- Configuration management using tools like Salt, Puppet or Chef
- Apache Hadoop
- SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and HBase
- Build and packaging tools like Jenkins and RPM/Yum
- HA and Load balancing using tools like the Elastic Load Balancer and HAProxy
- Monitoring tools like Nagios or similar
- Log management tools like Logstash/Syslog/ElasticSearch or similar
- Metrics collection tools like Ganglia, Graphite, OpenTSDB or similar
- Agile Project Management
- Amazon Web Services
- Programming in a high level language like Python or Ruby. Experience with a JVM language like Java/Clojure/Scala is a plus
- Working with Git, various git workflows
Benefits & Perks
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive compensation in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!