What is the Company like?
Directi comprises of a group of tech businesses owned, operated or invested in by Bhavin Turakhia and/or Divyank Turakhia. The Group boasts of multiple business units that are run independently by their respective management teams.
The Directi portfolio companies comprise of Radix, Ringo, Flock, Zeta and Codechef. Media.net | One of the largest ad-tech companies worldwide, owned by Starbuster TMT Investments, leverages the Directi brand and culture for recruitment in its India offices.
Across these businesses, Directi employs 1600+ people across 8 offices, with over 9 million customers, revenues of over $250 million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion. With offices in India, US and the UAE, the company has invested in multiple category leading global brands across business areas as diverse as web presence (domains, hosting, cloud-infrastructure), online advertising, communication & collaboration (voice and messaging) and payments (benefits and compensation).
Flock is the #1 Team Messenger, with an aim to increase communication and collaboration for teams of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of apps that enhance workplace communication and productivity.
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, Endurance International Group, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
As a front end engineer at Flock, you will create products that use leading-edge web technologies within a passionate team of world-class engineers. You will contribute to the technical strategy and tactics for the Flock web platform while implementing the client side code across Flock web properties. The ideal candidate is energized by making a business impact, is an expert in web front end development with strengths in HTML5 and single-page apps, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment alongside other exceptional people.
- Design and build a web ecosystem that drives the business and meets the functional needs of our customers and partners.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Write client-side/backend code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Maintain high coding standards and cross-functional interaction with other Flock teams.
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- Experience in working with any server side technologies.
- Good knowledge of one or more of client side MV* frameworks (such as React, Angular, Backbone + Marionette)
- Knowledge of Design Patterns is a must.
- Good knowledge of using SVGs to build complex graphs.
- Experience with unit tests, integration tests, continuous integration systems (such as Jekins/Travis), deployment and operations automation.
- You have built progressive web apps
- You have run Node.js cluster for a web application serving millions of users.
- You know how to reduce loading time under 1 second and render content at 60fps jank free
- You keep little photographs of Doug Crockford and Brendan Eich in your wallet.
- You think closures and anonymous self-executing inner-functions can solve most of the world’s problems.
- You truly understand what “this” is, and you have an opinion about whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing.
Benefits and Perks
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Directi has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!