What is the Company like?
Directi comprises of a group of tech businesses owned, operated or invested in by Bhavin Turakhia and/or Divyank Turakhia. The Group boasts of multiple business units that are run independently by their respective management teams.
The Directi portfolio companies comprise of Radix, Ringo, Flock, Zeta and Codechef. Media.net | One of the largest ad-tech companies worldwide, owned by Starbuster TMT Investments, leverages the Directi brand and culture for recruitment in its India offices.
Across these businesses, Directi employs 1600+ people across 8 offices, with over 9 million customers, revenues of over $250 million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion. With offices in India, US and the UAE, the company has invested in multiple category leading global brands across business areas as diverse as web presence (domains, hosting, cloud-infrastructure), online advertising, communication & collaboration (voice and messaging) and payments (benefits and compensation).
Flock is the #1 Team Messenger, with an aim to increase communication and collaboration for teams of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of apps that enhance workplace communication and productivity.
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, Endurance International Group, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
You will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in design, planning, development and submission of Flock iOS app. You will help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product.
- Developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS Applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products/features.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Optimising performance for the app and keep it up to date with latest industry standards.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in iOS development
- Experience in writing functional tests.
- Extensive mobile development experience with iOS Proficiency in Objective-C.
- More than one application developed end to end for iPhone
- Good understanding of Objective C, Cocoa framework, Core Data, AutoLayout, UIKit, Xcode & iOS applications
- Experience in usage of Instruments to detect memory leaks and for performance optimisation
- Various design patterns
- Solid understanding of memory management with and without ARC
- Knowledge of iOS networking and Multithreading.
- Good code design skills
- In depth understanding of Apple recommended guidelines and best practices for coding
- Knowledge about Git
- Proven hands on experience working with table views, scroll views, delegates, notifications, NSOperations, GCD
Good to have:
- Great people skills!
- Able to fit in well within an informal environment
- High energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Directi has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!