About the Group
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Bhavin has also been the Founder / Co-Founder of Media.net, Directi, Radix, Ringo, Codechef and Zeta. These businesses comprise of 1500+ people, 8+ offices, 10+ million customers, revenues over $250+ million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion.
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app that aims at increasing productivity and improving team-communication in organizations of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of products that enhances workplace communication and productivity.
Flock’s Suite of Products include
- Messenger – Real time Communications on Mobile and Desktop
- Processify – Real time business process and workflow automation
- Mailcast – Internal and External mailing lists
- Bridge – Real time audio conferencing
- HR Connect – Real time attendance and leave management
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, 1mg, Voonik, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
Here are some additional resources on Flock. At the very least we recommend that you watch the first video link –
- **Recommended** – Detailed Intro to Flock
- Flock Marketing video
- Flock vs Slack video
- About Flock’s Platform
- Our Youtube Channel
- Flock Website – http://flock.com
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems and building platforms at scale.
- Design and develop large scale distributed services
- Design and implement new user-facing features
- Take ownership of one or more components of the platform and drive innovation in your area of ownership
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of the platform as a whole
- Work closely with product management and UX design teams to define and refine feature specifications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Participate actively in recruitment and nurturing of engineers as awesome as you
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competency in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Java expert. Experience with golang, python or other languages is a plus
- Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems, scalability and availability
- Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation and GC
- Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS/Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Good communication skills. Putting your thoughts through to other stakeholders in a cohesive manner is not a problem for you.
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal.
If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!