What is the Company like?
Directi comprises of a group of tech businesses owned, operated or invested in by Bhavin Turakhia and/or Divyank Turakhia. The Group boasts of multiple business units that are run independently by their respective management teams.
The Directi portfolio companies comprise of Radix, Ringo, Flock, Zeta and Codechef. Media.net | One of the largest ad-tech companies worldwide, owned by Starbuster TMT Investments, leverages the Directi brand and culture for recruitment in its India offices.
Across these businesses, Directi employs 1600+ people across 8 offices, with over 9 million customers, revenues of over $250 million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion. With offices in India, US and the UAE, the company has invested in multiple category leading global brands across business areas as diverse as web presence (domains, hosting, cloud-infrastructure), online advertising, communication & collaboration (voice and messaging) and payments (benefits and compensation).
Flock is the #1 Team Messenger, with an aim to increase communication and collaboration for teams of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of apps that enhance workplace communication and productivity.
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, Endurance International Group, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems and building platforms at scale.
- Design and develop large scale distributed services
- Design and implement new user-facing features
- Take ownership of one or more components of the platform and drive innovation in your area of ownership
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of the platform as a whole
- Work closely with product management and UX design teams to define and refine feature specifications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Participate actively in recruitment and nurturing of engineers as awesome as you
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competency in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Java expert. Experience with golang, python or other languages is a plus
- Good understanding of nuances of distributed systems, scalability and availability
- Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation and GC
- Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS/Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
- Good communication skills. Putting your thoughts through to other stakeholders in a cohesive manner is not a problem for you.
Benefits and Perks
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Directi has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!