What is the Company like?
Directi comprises of a group of tech businesses owned, operated or invested in by Bhavin Turakhia and/or Divyank Turakhia. The Group boasts of multiple business units that are run independently by their respective management teams.
The Directi portfolio companies comprise of Radix, Ringo, Flock, Zeta and Codechef. Media.net | One of the largest ad-tech companies worldwide, owned by Starbuster TMT Investments, leverages the Directi brand and culture for recruitment in its India offices.
Across these businesses, Directi employs 1600+ people across 8 offices, with over 9 million customers, revenues of over $250 million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion. With offices in India, US and the UAE, the company has invested in multiple category leading global brands across business areas as diverse as web presence (domains, hosting, cloud-infrastructure), online advertising, communication & collaboration (voice and messaging) and payments (benefits and compensation).
Flock is the #1 Team Messenger, with an aim to increase communication and collaboration for teams of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of apps that enhance workplace communication and productivity.
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, Endurance International Group, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
What is the Job like?
We are looking for Sr Interaction Designers who will work with our world class dev teams to revolutionize the world of real time communications. The products comprise of mobile, desktop and web interfaces. You will be a part of a team of passionate product designers, Interaction designers, software developers etc and participate in the entire development lifecycle, including strategy, vision, design, development.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will work with motivated individuals who are passionate-beyond-measure about usability, to deliver a kick-ass user experience for our revolutionary suite of products and services. You will be responsible for the entire UX lifecycle of one or more projects, including:
- Contributing to product strategy and conceptualization and prioritization of features
- Gathering requirements and defining user stories
- Creating UX prototypes and wireframes, interface copywriting and product communication
- Usability testing (pre and post development)
- Reviewing product analytics to derive behavioral insights for adoption, growth and engagement strategies
- Interviewing users, gathering feedback and providing suggestions to management
- Competition review, comparison and analysis
- Coordinating creation of visual designs, assets, logos etc for each iteration
You will be expected to research and apply user-centered design processes to create high quality user experiences, and reusable mocks and wireframe templates for various products. You will also be involved in mentorship and training of peers as well as members of other teams on relevant topics.
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- You have 3+ years of experience in user interface design and usability engineering for web and desktop applications
- You have mastered the art of information architecture and usability engineering and can always come up with a structured, logical, intuitive, simple and clean way of translating user stories into text, screens and flows.
- You are very comfortable with creating user interface prototypes and wireframes on paper, powerpoint, visio or prototyping tools such as Axure/ Balsamiq/ Sketch
- Your oral and written communication and articulation skills are immaculate and you can always come up with the perfect text for any given interface
- You are extremely process oriented – and tend to create reusable templates, effective guidelines, best practices, training modules etc.
- You understand the nuances of integrating user interfaces into code. You also keep in touch with technology advancements and understand the impact of new standards on product design (for eg RIA or HTML 5.0 etc)
- You are an avid reader of Web 2.0 blogs and usability related material
Benefits and Perks
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Directi has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!