About the Group
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Bhavin has also been the Founder / Co-Founder of Media.net, Directi, Radix, Ringo, Codechef and Zeta. These businesses comprise of 1500+ people, 8+ offices, 10+ million customers, revenues over $250+ million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion.
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app that aims at increasing productivity and improving team-communication in organizations of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of products that enhances workplace communication and productivity.
Flock’s Suite of Products include
- Messenger – Real time Communications on Mobile and Desktop
- Processify – Real time business process and workflow automation
- Mailcast – Internal and External mailing lists
- Bridge – Real time audio conferencing
- HR Connect – Real time attendance and leave management
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, 1mg, Voonik, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
Here are some additional resources on Flock. At the very least we recommend that you watch the first video link –
- **Recommended** – Detailed Intro to Flock
- Flock Marketing video
- Flock vs Slack video
- About Flock’s Platform
- Our Youtube Channel
- Flock Website – http://flock.com
What is the Job like?
We are looking for Sr Interaction Designers who will work with our world class dev teams to revolutionize the world of real time communications. The products comprise of mobile, desktop and web interfaces. You will be a part of a team of passionate product designers, Interaction designers, software developers etc and participate in the entire development lifecycle, including strategy, vision, design, development.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will work with motivated individuals who are passionate-beyond-measure about usability, to deliver a kick-ass user experience for our revolutionary suite of products and services. You will be responsible for the entire UX lifecycle of one or more projects, including:
- Contributing to product strategy and conceptualization and prioritization of features
- Gathering requirements and defining user stories
- Creating UX prototypes and wireframes, interface copywriting and product communication
- Usability testing (pre and post development)
- Reviewing product analytics to derive behavioral insights for adoption, growth and engagement strategies
- Interviewing users, gathering feedback and providing suggestions to management
- Competition review, comparison and analysis
- Coordinating creation of visual designs, assets, logos etc for each iteration
You will be expected to research and apply user-centered design processes to create high quality user experiences, and reusable mocks and wireframe templates for various products. You will also be involved in mentorship and training of peers as well as members of other teams on relevant topics.
Who Should Apply for this Role?
- You have 3+ years of experience in user interface design and usability engineering for web and desktop applications
- You have mastered the art of information architecture and usability engineering and can always come up with a structured, logical, intuitive, simple and clean way of translating user stories into text, screens and flows.
- You are very comfortable with creating user interface prototypes and wireframes on paper, powerpoint, visio or prototyping tools such as Axure/ Balsamiq/ Sketch
- Your oral and written communication and articulation skills are immaculate and you can always come up with the perfect text for any given interface
- You are extremely process oriented – and tend to create reusable templates, effective guidelines, best practices, training modules etc.
- You understand the nuances of integrating user interfaces into code. You also keep in touch with technology advancements and understand the impact of new standards on product design (for eg RIA or HTML 5.0 etc)
- You are an avid reader of Web 2.0 blogs and usability related material
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal.
If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!