About the Group
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Bhavin has also been the Founder / Co-Founder of Media.net, Directi, Radix, Ringo, Codechef and Zeta. These businesses comprise of 1500+ people, 8+ offices, 10+ million customers, revenues over $250+ million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion.
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app that aims at increasing productivity and improving team-communication in organizations of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of products that enhances workplace communication and productivity.
Flock’s Suite of Products include
- Messenger – Real time Communications on Mobile and Desktop
- Processify – Real time business process and workflow automation
- Mailcast – Internal and External mailing lists
- Bridge – Real time audio conferencing
- HR Connect – Real time attendance and leave management
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, 1mg, Voonik, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
Here are some additional resources on Flock. At the very least we recommend that you watch the first video link –
- **Recommended** – Detailed Intro to Flock
- Flock Marketing video
- Flock vs Slack video
- About Flock’s Platform
- Our Youtube Channel
- Flock Website – http://flock.com
What is the Job like?
As a Tech lead at Flock, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and developing various projects. You will be involved in the entire life cycle of these projects, including strategy, vision, design, UX, coding, architecture, deployment etc, and will be chiefly expected to deliver clean, well-designed, stable and highly available systems.
Your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead and own the entire lifecycle of the product – design, documentation, coding, testing and deployment.
- Contribute hands-on, own, collaborate and deliver new features and services at a fast pace.
- Build platforms, frameworks, APIs, libraries & automated tools to facilitate rapid issue resolution and development & deployment of new features and changes.
- Own the prioritization, scoping and scheduling processes for new products and features.
- Work with and advice management on technical aspects, make well-informed decisions.
- Improve processes, technology & the applications you own continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team.
- Prioritize tech-debt and ensure the platforms and applications meet the latest industry standards.
- Learn new technology & practices, coach the team and conduct training sessions – devote time for learning and continuous improvement of self and team.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service oriented attitude while designing and building products.
- Recruit the best by owning the recruitment processes for your teams.
Who should apply for this post?
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competency in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Extensive experience in HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Significant experience developing user-facing software.
- Experience with Java, golang, python or other languages is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Sound understanding of user experience and design principles.
- Effective problem solving skills, sharp reasoning and a logical bent of mind.
- College or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal.
If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!