What is the Company like?
Directi comprises of a group of tech businesses owned, operated or invested in by Bhavin Turakhia and/or Divyank Turakhia. The Group boasts of multiple business units that are run independently by their respective management teams.
The Directi portfolio companies comprise of Radix, Ringo, Flock, Zeta and Codechef. Media.net | One of the largest ad-tech companies worldwide, owned by Starbuster TMT Investments, leverages the Directi brand and culture for recruitment in its India offices.
Across these businesses, Directi employs 1600+ people across 8 offices, with over 9 million customers, revenues of over $250 million and a group enterprise value of over $1.4 billion. With offices in India, US and the UAE, the company has invested in multiple category leading global brands across business areas as diverse as web presence (domains, hosting, cloud-infrastructure), online advertising, communication & collaboration (voice and messaging) and payments (benefits and compensation).
Flock is the #1 Team Messenger, with an aim to increase communication and collaboration for teams of all shapes and sizes. At Flock, we believe that enterprise communication should be richer and efficient. With that goal, we have developed and deployed an outstanding suite of apps that enhance workplace communication and productivity.
With teams at companies like Avendus, Gini and Jony, Endurance International Group, Yepme and Healthkart improving their workplace collaboration using Flock, we are already helping teams have richer and more efficient communication around the globe.
What is the job like?
Directi is looking to hire a Visual Designer to work on asset creation and graphic design for a range of platforms.
As a Visual Designer, you will work with motivated individuals (who are passionate-beyond-measure about usability) to deliver a kick-ass user experience for our suite of communication products. You must have a deep understanding of desktop and mobile design patterns and you should be fluent in the design languages across these platforms. You have a seamless relationship with developers, and you can communicate design thinking effectively with a keen awareness of unique platform boundaries and capabilities. You know the rules and know how to break them to create amazing interfaces centered around the user.
- Designing visually stunning user interfaces
- Translating wireframes into visual design
- Creating and developing design assets including but not limited to illustrations and iconography
- Evaluating multiple concepts for projects and suggesting ideas are worth pursuing
- Collaborate in a variety of contexts with developers, UX designers, and researchers
- Fulfilling several requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
Who should apply for this role?
- Strong knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- An online portfolio (Behance/Dribbble/Coroflot etc.)
- Demonstrated success in delivering visually pleasing designs
- At least 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate design intent and rationale
- Excellent attention to detail
- Formal education in design (Bachelor’s/Master’s/Diploma).
- Experience in designing/deploying mobile apps on either: Android, BlackBerry or iOS (include app listings if published).
- Experience in wireframing/prototyping using any of the following: Balsamiq, Fireworks, OmniGraffle
Benefits and Perks
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. Directi has its own concierge desk that doubles up as a travel agency.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!